Home

Saturday 4 September 2010

Oh my its like buses!

Howdy there bloggettes!

You know how we, well in the UK at any rate, say that things are like buses? You know you wait ages and then three come along at once? Well that's like this blog post! It seems to have been ages (again) since I posted and here I am with three, yes three cards all at once!

I thought I'd treat you.... but is treat the right word though?

So I'll dive right in, on second thoughts no! I can remember a very painful belly flop...

Over at Totally Gorjuss a new challenge has just been launched, I make it sound like a rocket! Anyways the theme this week is a sketch, super easy peasy as its one of mine. I only do easy You all know I take being technically challenged to whole new levels. As usual lately I've used a Lili of the Valley stamp. I just love them! They're so cute and super easy to colour.

This little sweetie is getting her Christmas ready! Papers are some of last years MME ones. Talking of tree trimming I noticed a house near me still has all its Christmas lights on it. Pretty bizarre huh?

Right the next er... treat is this funky Momma! She is one of the fabulous Rock Squad available from Kenny K.


Now lastly a little Tilda! I dug her out the other day and applied Copics (natch), a few holly leaves and I repeat stamped a Magnolia greeting. The pink frame is from Which Crafts and is called a 'frame it'. I think Tilda looks sweet sat in the corner. I think the frame needs a little 'something'.... just not sure what exactly. I did think of a snowflake stamp.... but I couldn't find it! Those of you who saw my desk on WOYWDW will understand what I mean ;))

I rather like the layered effect though. This is one of my fave Tildas too. I think the later ones are much nicer than the earlier ones. I always thought they looked a bit like hippos!

Now I've entered this in the challenge over at Just Magnolia where the theme is 'Anything goes'

The DT have done cards with a 'cracked glass' technique. Now there's a few funny stories on there about what they've been up to. I'll add mine! Many years ago I was trying this out and had just done my last layer of embossing. I picked the image up without thinking that it might be hot! I dropped it, very quickly. I then learnt a few things;

1. Like toast it will land sticky side down

2. It stays very hot for a good while

3. Don't do this while you're wearing shorts

4. It will take your skin off!

Yes the hot thing landed on my bare thigh! Burnt a big square on it and nicely removed the top layer of skin.... it was stuck to! But on a good point further embossing removes skin debris! Thinking about it I've not tried it since then. I can't think why.... Oh it was a week before we went on holiday too.

Have a fabby weekend - I hope I've not bored you to bits!

7 comments:

Irena said...

All these are gorgeous.
Very beautiful cards.
I wish you wonderful weekend!

Sending you lots of smiles, Irena :)

Karen said...

OUCH!!!!!! I know it must have been painful but I have to admit to a gigle at the thought of you having a square patch of new skin surrounded by a suntan :)

Gorgeous cards as always Net and I think the last one is perfect as it is! HUGS XXX

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Ouch! Net :(
Totally Gorjuss cards :)
Hides head in shame at my absence!

Janice said...

Never boring Net! Had to laugh at your embossing experience, sorry, i'm like that!

Love that second image with the keyboard, brilliant.

Traceyr said...

Next time Net wear trousers when embossing.

Great trio of cards there but my favourite is the Magnolia one - love the frame thingy.

:)

craftymum said...

Hi Net
you have been busy while I have been away!!. I have left something for you on my blog
Love sarah X