Home

Thursday 19 November 2009

Surprise!

Hi there Bloggettes! Well I hope you're there and not blown away in these awful winds! We're quite high up here at Caique-Momma Towers so its quite blustery. High up also means no floods for us. I can remember the Big L asking what would happen if we flooded, well I said the rest of the country would probably be under water then.... Fortunately everything is where it should be. Well apart for the dustbins and the the recycling box!

So a quickie show for you today (oo'er that sounds well dodgy! Matron!) While browsing my luscious Magnolia magazine I saw an advent calendar thingy. Love that word thingy... Well I must have had a rush of blood or something because I decided to make one....

Well after doing three boxes myself.... then I realised how rubbish I am at measuring! All the sleeves were slightly different on the scoring lines! I mean 24 of those would have looked well wonky - lol So I went and bought matchboxes instead and used those. Only thing was then of course it came out smaller! So the Magnolia images I'd coloured for the sides were too bloomin' big! Hence the Penny Black images instead. Then of course the drawer handles I'd picked were too big.... so after a rummage I used tiny brads. I think its recipient the lovely Gez should be able to open the drawers if she uses tweezers and a magnifying glass!

Only kidding they do open and because its for advent there are little goodies in each drawer.

SO NO MORE PEEKING GEZ!!!

Anyway these are a few of my brilliantly wonky photos! Well if they were perfect you'd think you were on the wrong blog wouldn't you?





So there you are folks - I hope you all stay safe and warm.

I've also entered this into the animal challenge over at Simon says Stamp.

7 comments:

paola said...

I love your advent, it is just what i have been thinking to do for some of my friends celebrating Christmas, just dont know where i'm gonna find the time.
beautiful work Net i'm sure your friend is gonna love it.
I'm wondering what i will put into mine as the people i'm thinking to give it to dont craft.....
smiles
Paola

Kath said...

Love your advent box Net, BUT....................no babies today? :(

Angelnorth said...

Looks great - those Penny Black stamps were perfect for the job!

Traceyr said...

Lovely Net those stamps are really cute. :)

Hazel said...

This is a great craft project - turned out so beautiful x

Gez Butterworth said...

Aaarrrhhh! I still haven't stop screaming. It is SOOOOOO gorgeous. As soon as everyone came in through the door one by one this afternoon I said...you'll never believe what I got in the post today & was met with WOW, COOL & AWESOME....when I showed them. :-D

The advent box is stunning Net. How can I ever repay you. The images are so cute & look absolutely perfect. It must have taken ages to make & looks so fiddly. You have inspired me to have a go. It came packaged so beautifully too & have plans for that too. ;-) 2 plans actually...will let you know. :-)

Definately NO peeking Net I promise. I am going to stand it proudly on my desk when December comes. :-D

Thanking You so very much for thinking of me at this difficult time. BIG HUGS Gez.xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow ,, this is just gorgeous ,,, and I LOVE your write up ,,, lol :-) I am sure most of us would be exactly the same ,,,,Me certainly !! I think you're so brave to even attempt this ,, and to make a first attempt as a gift !! well ,,, you are just brilliant ! I have read Gez's comment ,,, and can see she is well impressed and thrilled to receive this ,,, she is one lucky girl :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x