Home

Monday 21 June 2010

Oo'ar! Jim lad!

Oo'ar shipmates!

Pieces of eight, shiver me timbers, ship on the starboard bow and other piratical phrases! Now you may have assumed this was me, Caique Momma posting... wrong tis I Snafu Straw, pirate of the high seas of Yorkshire.... OK some of you may think hang on there are no seas high or other in my part of Yorkshire... for this post there are you landlubbers! ;))

The challenge over at Simon says Stamp is Pirates - oo'arrrr! Avast ye with a bottle of rum strapped on me dead man's chest and all that! Hmm I'm not struck on rum actually unless its in a Pina Colada... could you strap that on a dead man's chest I wonder? Either that or a nice gin and tonic....


Anyhoodles I inked up little pirate Edwin and stood him in front of the barrel. Coloured him with Copics (natch ;)) I even found some paper with anchors on! I've had this forever! On the bit that's left it says Daisy D's, twill and raffia etc from my meagre stash....

So have at ye me hearties, yo ho ho and a Pina Colada....

Oh you might want to catch the passport saga below this.... you wouldn't believe it....

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Snafu :-) Edwin is such a handsome Pirate and I love the stamp you used for the background too :-) Loved reading the write up,,, it's lovely when people get into the 'swing' :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Tax Evadin' Elanor Bonny (aka Lols)

tracy said...

you're a nutmeg net LOL :)
reallynice card :)

Karen said...

rofl Net!!! sure you haven't been on the Pina Colada's??? Did make me laugh!!! Brilliant card and he doesn't look at all like a scary pirate but rather kind haha XXX

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like that background paper! Very cute card! :)

Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Irena said...

Great card in lovely colors.

Hazel said...

Edwin makes a great pirate, doesn't he? and it's a great card too x

Janice said...

what a cutie, love the little tickets.

Anonymous said...

Hahah great stuff, Net. Love pirates and that card is so cute.

Sue said...

great card Net = you do good with those Copics


LOVE the passport saga - the photo is inspired what a numpty!!!

When are you off - we go end of September