Home

Saturday 16 July 2011

Something new from the Doncaster Craft show!

Yoohoo only me! I know and so soon too! Heck I had the best of intentions to post more often but the pesky time bandits have been around again! I wouldn't mind but I never even saw the little blighters. One minute loads of time and the next I'm chasing myself.... ~and breathe~ Still here I am! So a few things to share with you.

First we've a new challenge over at Totally Gorjuss, this week its all about boys! Yup we want to see cards for the men in your life. OK OK I know lots of peeps aren't so keen on boy cards but honestly when you see what the Gorjussettes have come up with you'll be inspired! Oh and if you need more inspiration there's a £10 spend at Crafters Companion too ;))

I've used this sweet little cricketer from Lili of the Valley He was an absolute breeze to colour! So the card came together super quick which was a good job really...... remember the time bandits?

So today I popped over the the Summertime (hah what a joke that word is!) Craft Show at Doncaster Race Course. How could I describe it? Well worth a visit! Super location, handy free car parking (take note NEC!) and its about 15 minutes from my house. Oh and chocka-block with fabulous crafting goodies! So I managed to acquire 'one or two' essential bits and pieces;)) It would have been rude not to wouldn't it?

So while there I got this super cute Lili of the Valley stamp and these lush Tilda papers. Coloured with Copics natch.


Now my ace find, OK I know I'm not the only one but.... check out these leaves! Aren't they just fantastic? They're organza fabric, oh and already glittered which is a bonus. I mean I love glitter but always end up with as much on me as I do the card ~blushes~

A little close up of the leaves and flowers, WOC as usual.

These lush leaves come from a fabby company called HobbyFun UK They have the most gorgeous organza fabrics! And you know how I am with fabric lately.... I just about resisted leaping onto the rolls and wrapping myself on them. I made do with a few surreptitious feels instead.


And yes there's an 'and' I felt a bit inspired after seeing the bead stalls! So a few pink beads later I made myself a bracelet too!


Welcome back Mr Mojo!

5 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful card Net and well done on the bracelet making - they are so easy but look good.
Sue x

craftymum said...

Wow Net
you have been a busy girl
It was good to see you at the show at Doncaster
Sorry i couldn't talk for too long
It really was manic on saturday
hugs sarah x

Kath said...

Sorry I missed the show. All my family here for a BBQ. Love your bracelet.

Karen said...

Oh these are beautiful, even the boy card my lovely xxx

portrait photographer glasgow said...

that bracelet looks so fabulous and beautiful. It is very simple but it is best to wear in night parties. Your card creation is very unique.