Home

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Me and my hand!

Hi Bloggettes - isn't it dark early! I really really do not like it, not one little bit! I'd sooner have it light in the evening than early, I mean I'm still in bed then! lol

So what's new over here at Caique Momma's? Well I've had my hand operation it wasn't too bad really.... considering I was awake! Yipes I thought - I'm going to be cut open!!! But it didn't hurt and it was really quite quick. Its just that at the moment I can't drive.... I'm a prisoner.... well not really but I can't 'just' go somewhere!

I did go to the Stamp Magic show on Sunday though. Thanks for the lift Linnie! I was in need of therapy! Serious retail therapy - which I got! I also met up with Debbie She is seriously a bad influence on my purse! Or is it just that I'm incredibly weak when faced with dies, ribbons, stamps and paper...... Hmmmm? I wonder! I also met up with the lovely Bev She is another bad influence on me! In my defence I did introduce her to Thick storage files! I had a lovely time girls even if it did take my taxi (OM) about 35 minutes to find me!

I'm sure you're wondering (that's if you aren't asleep) if I'm going to show you anything today!

So here as a treat/scare whichever you prefer ;)) is a picture of the OM and myself! Yipes! This was in the restaurant at the chateau. You'll notice I'm not cut in half or anything..... OM didn't take this one obviously ;))



As I said I 'might' have acquired 'one or two essential items' on Sunday! One of them was this lovely stamp by Clarity Stamps I've often had my nose over these stamps but I always wondered about what I thought were 'the funny handles'. Well I saw this one and had to have it. I have to say the handles aren't funny in the slightest! They're fab! Anyway I made this little Christmas offering with it. The Poinsettia came from The Hobby House as did the spacer and brad. Oh and the glimmer mist I sprayed it with. I then stamped it again and cut out the shoe and silicone it for a little dimension.




Oh coloured with Distress Inks - I can't hold the bloody Copics at the minute!

This is another version of this years parrot Christmas cards. The stamps is a Whiff of Joy one. These papers are from a Forever Friends Christmas pad. I think it might need something else... Not quite sure what at the moment though.


Now a proper treat for all the Harry and Tinker fans! A little clip just for you!

6 comments:

Kaz said...

Aaww how lovely to see what you actually look like this time!!

Fab cards, hope the copic hand recovers soon xx

Angelnorth said...

Good to see you managing a bit of crafting, even if you can't hold the Copics! That little Christmas shoe stamp is fab - great cards!

Hazel said...

Lovely to see you both and the crafting, of course - good to see you putting some of that new stash to good use x

Traceyr said...

Net you have a head! lol Lovely photo of you and your husband.

The birds are cute too.

:)

Bev said...

It was brill to meet up with you again hun, and I didn't spend much at all - you and Debbie bought most of it before I could get to it!! Hope the hand is healing nicely. Love the cards, the shoe one is brilliant and now I need to buy that stamp at the next show lol x

Enfys said...

Hiya Net, well considering you have a poorly hand, you managed to get into your purse okay for the goodies, sounds as if you did a fair bit of crafty stocking up, sounds great. Hope you are better soon. Super cards as well, love the distress inks look. Have a super weekend,
big hugs
En
ps It's still hot as hell here, record high yesterday xxx